6.30.2012

Our Special Saturday

All my life, Saturdays were meaningful to me and it's my favorite day of the week. I was born on a Saturday. I took ballet lessons on Saturdays when I was little. My stepfather used to wake up the family on Saturday mornings by playing The Temptations' My Girl. I studied Thai traditional music and dance at the Wat (Thai word for temple) on Saturdays. My favorite color is purple, which also represents Saturday in Thai culture. Unfortunately my stepfather passed away on a Saturday when I was nine years old. With every death there's a new beginning...


I have another reason to love Saturdays. I got married today, the last Saturday and day in June! As I prepared for the small ceremony - just my sweetheart, our dogs, and me - I made sure to wear my pretty purple Sisco Berlutti bracelets that were given to Chris to give to me from Lisa Sisco and Carolyn Berluti themselves. (They are members of Chris's gym.) We stopped by the local florist's shop, Floral Scents, and designed a very pretty bouquet of purple roses with little white flowers. I really love the results and the beautiful bouquet!

Pretty bouquet of purple roses.
I love purple. The florist did a wonderful job.
If you're in the Canton/Norwood/Dedham/Sharon area, definitely stop by!
The ceremony was held in the Justice of the Peace's backyard. We chose Justice Linda Woodhouse. She's so nice and helpful. She said some beautiful words about love and marriage. Then we shared our vows to each other. I was a bawling mess. Chris is a great writer, just amazing.

Chris with our boys wearing their new neck ties.
Us with Linda, our Justice of the Peace.
Us and the boys. One family.
When we got home, we had a photo shoot on our balcony. I think they came out pretty good. Now it's time to make the final preparations for my Thai wedding and wedding reception next month on Long Island.

Husband and wife. :)
All smiles.
Purple roses, bracelets, and a new ring.
Love,

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.