6.24.2012

Sunday Shares - 6.24.12

What a busy weekend! Chris's childhood friend, Eric, and his wife, Debbie came over on Saturday. We were puppy sitting their Cockalier, JB, while they attend a wedding that night. We had lunch at the Feisty Greek and then parted ways. Chris and I went to Walmart to pick up a new toy for the boys and JB. I ended up with new fabric, of course.

Pretty flowers, fabric from Walmart.
I spent all Saturday afternoon and night making a bag for Debbie. Once I had something in mind, I'll work like a mad woman to finish it. I found a great list of tote bags at Tipnut - 45+ Free Tote Bag Patterns and Tutorials. I used Very Purple Person's Reversible Bag pattern. There was a good tutorial on how to make the bag. If only I was diligent at reading instead of watching Breaking Pointe, I would have saved myself the issues I encountered later that night. I also had enough time to make a matching purse. I'm so pleased on how it came out.

Tada! Reversible bag.
A matching purse. I used a 7" zipper for this one.
 On Sunday, we all went to Boston's Chinatown for dim sum at the Empire Garden Restaurant. Sooo good! Afterwards we went for a walk in the Boston Common and the Boston Public Garden. It was a beautiful day with a lovely breeze.

A swan making her nest near the pond.
Swan boats.
Debbie, Chris, and Eric taking in the site of swans, ducks, and swan boats.
 Later that day after Chris and I got back from IKEA, I ended up at Joann Fabrics. It happens quite often. I picked up some linen fabric and cute flower patterned fabrics. I have a thing for flowers.


Our little Dragon Trees from IKEA.

New fabrics to add to the bin.
 That's all from today's Sunday Share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.