6.04.2012

Sunday Food and Fun

Chris and I went to Empire Garden Restaurant in Chinatown yesterday. That's where my family usually go when we're in Boston on Sunday during lunchtime.

Pot stickers (beef), Har Gow (shrimp), and Siu Mai (pork).
After dim sum we usually stop by the local C-Mart next door to pick up groceries. Today we just used the store as a detour to get to the other side of the block. Next, we pick up boba from Juice Bar. I used to love Thai Iced Tea with boba, now I go for the Taro with boba. At this store they call the boba "pearl".

Taro with pearl (boba).
Chris reading the Chinese newspaper in Juice Bar.
After our trip to Chinatown, we stopped by the HomeGoods store in Allston. We were looking for vases for the tables at our wedding reception, but no luck. I stumbled across my perfect armchair (if I had a house). It's so pretty and the colors are so fun! Alas, with a price tag of $299, it was not meant to be... right now.

I want this armchair! Totally loving it.
After a long day of gallavanting around Boston, I came home and played on my new phone for ages. Then I decided I wanted to crochet a cute dish cloth. I turned to Hulu Plus for my entertainment needs - I settled on a marathon of MTV's Real World San Diego. It was filmed over the summer of 2011. I was actually in San Diego last July. I didn't run into them, but it's fun to think they're running around in the same town as me. It's also sad to realize that they are all younger than me with the oldest cast member being 24 years old and the youngest is 19. I remember a time when they were all real old... remember Real World: LA, San Fran, or the older San Diego seasons? Crazy.

Just saw that I messed up on the dish cloth. Pattern by Lily.
Well, that's it for now. Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.