6.29.2012

Friday Finds - 6.29.12

It's that time of the week again...

Urban Threads' Tutorials


I'm a fan of tutorials. I'm a visual learner so having videos or pictures definitely helps me understand the concepts and techniques used while crafting. I stumbled across Urban Threads a while ago while looking for free embroidery patterns. They have the coolest designs. I love all their steampunk patterns and all the tutorials on how to make some cool stuff. Here's a link to Urban Threads' tutorial section and to their Hand Embroidery tutorials.

I love braids and Lauren Conrad's Tutorials


I've been braiding since I was 7 years old. It was during a long car ride to Florida that I got bored and started playing with my hair. Through trial and error I learned to braid on my own. A few years later I learned how to french braid by just trying it out. I always wanted to learn how to do the fishtail braid, but never took the time to learn. While on Pinterest the other day I a pin about fishtail braids. I eventually found my way onto YouTube, specifically Lauren Conrad's beauty channel. Hope you enjoy this video!


Pixel of Ink


Do you like to read? I do. Do you own a Kindle? You should. I love my Kindle Touch and I love getting free books. As of today, I own over 2,000 free Kindle books. I rarely buy books unless it's something that's on sale and I really would like to have it in my collection. I usually get a daily e-mail about the latest free Kindle book through www.pixelofink.com. It's a great place to start. There are definitely other ways. You can go directly to the Amazon Kindle website and view their best selling free Kindle books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.