6.08.2012

Friday Finds - 6.8.12

TGIF! I love Fridays. It always signals the beginning of my weekends. I want to start sharing links to awesome articles and interesting things I stumble across on the internet. It'll be aptly called "Friday Finds."

Loyal Pup Waits for Trucker's Return


I love this story! The first part details how the pup went missing. The second part is about their joyful reunion! It brought a smile to my face. I doubt our pups would be that patient and wait for us to find them after two days. Lucky man and his lucky pup!

Insanity


No, I'm not going insane. Chris wanted us to try a new exercise program and decided that we should do the Insanity workout. I'm clearly out of shape - I didn't get through the entire fit test. Ugh. Maybe I'll give it a try later today and this time I will eat a light snack before and dinner after the workout. This is a link to their website... Insanity Workout.


Interweave's Hurt Book Sale


First, I have to say I'm excited. I collect a lot of books, but I usually buy them on sale. Haven't bought them used yet (I have this weird thing - I like my books brand spanking new). Interweave is having a Hurt Book Sale to get rid of craft books in their inventory with slight imperfections. You can get a lot of different craft books for 30-70% off. Don't wait - it all ends on June 12 and it's first come, first serve! I just got myself four new books for under $10 each.

  • Color on Color: Elegant Designs to Stitch
  • I Love Patchwork! 21 Irresistible Zakka Projects to Sew
  • French Girl Knits: Innovative Techniques, Romantic Details, and Feminine Designs
  • New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
According to Interweave:
More than 400 art and craft resources will be deeply discounted for five days and sold online on a first-come basis beginning today through 11:59 p.m. MDT on Tuesday, June 12. This is Interweave’s largest online book sale ever, with deep discounts on new and recently published books on the topics of drawing, painting, quilting, beading, jewelry making, knitting, crocheting, felting, spinning, weaving, needlework, sewing, mixed-media and other popular arts and crafts. 
What are hurt books?
Hurt books are still in good condition but may have slight imperfections, like minor dings, a scratch on the cover, or a bent page. In addition to the huge discounts on hurt books, Interweave will be offering exclusive discounts on overstock books, eBooks, and book-related DVDs and video downloads during the sale.
 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.