6.23.2012

Books, Trip, and Ice Cream Truck

Whew! It's been a while... Let's catch up on the past week. First, my books arrived last Friday! They contain pretty pictures. Makes my hands itch to make something right now. They were from Interweave's Hurt Book Sale. From the looks of them, there's nothing wrong at all. What a bargain!

Color on Color, New England Knits, I <3 Patchwork, and French Girl Knits
On Tuesday I had a last minute business trip to Bath, Maine. Good thing I kept my bag packed and ready for this trip. It was still in limbo on Monday. We were supposed to leave Monday night, but it was delayed. We got the go ahead on Tuesday and left work at 9:30 am and arrived in Bath at 1 pm. Bath is a little town that's known for their ship building, specifically U.S. Navy ships like the DDG-51 and the DDG-1000, Zumwalt class destroyers.

My co-worker, Stephanie, and I were there to replace some parts on the ship. It was cool to walk through it, but we picked one of the hottest days to be on the ship. We had to wear long sleeves and long pants along with a hard hat and safety glasses. Don't know how those guys do it everyday. After running back and forth between the shipyard and the warehouse, we finally finished around 3 pm on Wednesday. We got home later that evening and I was glad to take a nice cold shower at home. I miss being home with Chris and our boys.

This restaurant was attached to the Holiday Inn.
It had a maritime theme, quite appropriate for Bath.
The Bounty.
Thursday was Ice Cream Truck Day at my company. The Fun Team arranged for an ice cream truck to come for two hours. You can pick whatever you like. I had one of those chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches. Yummy!

Let's gather around the ice cream truck!
Today, I just did a lot of laundry. While I'm waiting for Chris to come home, I'll probably start a new craft project. It's been so busy and I've been slacking on the craft front. The hard part is picking out a project...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.