8.12.2012

New Goodies - July & August

Since July was a slow month on my blog, I decided to update everything right now. I was a bit busy shopping for more craft supplies and patterns. :)

New patterns for work and some Steampunk cosplay.
Phidan modeling my new Nexus 7 tablet's box.
I came across the Craftsy site and they had a shuttle tatting class with Marilee Rockley. I wanted to sign up, but I decided to look around the internet for inspiration before I jumped into a new craft. I came across Diane's Lace-Lovin' Librarian blog. She has a lot of pretty pictures and had reviews about different tatting shuttles. Because of her reviews I decided to buy my tatting supplies from Handy Hands (www.hhtatting.com). Then I came across Heather's Tatted Treasures blog and her tutorials. With her wonderful videos I was able to learn how to tat in a few hours. I can't wait to try out new patterns!

Package from Handy Hands. My tatting supplies have arrived.
My goodies. Some threads, tatting shuttles, picot gauge, thread holder,
catalog, and newsletter. 
Pretty purple threads.
Different tatting shuttles. Clover, Lacis Sew Mate, and Starlit.
Picot gauge.
Thread holder with free Lizbeth thread.
Puppy pile up... they were tired after watching me learn how to tat lace.
My first project - butterfly! It's so tiny.
Now we're all up-to-date! I hope to work on all my different project - knit, crochet, sew, embroider, and tat. I just have to spend a day on each and finish a project before hopping to the next one. We'll see!

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.