1.01.2009

Happy New Year!!!

It's finally 2009. Oh wow! It's a brand new year and a chance to start fresh again. New Year's Eve brought snow in the morning and festivities in the evening.

Last night I attended a party with my boyfriend. It was a party hosted by his brother's friend, John. His house was huge and pretty. I think it's kinda interesting in a weird way that my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend happened to show up with her latest boyfriend. Fun stuff. I can't stand the girl and it's the first and last time we'll ever see each other in person. It's almost symbolic that I ended 2008 with her there and started 2009 oblivious to her presence. I hope it's the last time I ever see her face. She caused a lot of drama the entire time I've been with my boyfriend. It's about time she grew up and get her own life instead of interfering with mine via Sean.

Anyways, on to something else. We're going to Sean's grandparent's house for some New Year's Fondue. I'm excited! I made the guys bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches this morning. Sean and I made the Baked Macaroni and Cheese for his grandparent's and it smells heavenly. =)

The McD's Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Serving Size: 6-8 people (maybe more)
Preheat oven to 350 deg F

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Macaroni (we prefer elbows)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 5 tbs butter
  • 5 tbs flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 3 cups milk (we use fat free)
  • 4 cups cheese (we use 2 cups White Cheddar and 2 cups Monterrey Jack)
To Cook Macaroni:
  1. Follow instructions on the package.
  2. Drain then rinse in cold water.
To Make Sauce While Macaroni Cooks:
  1. Melt butter.
  2. In a large sauce pan combine flour, salt, pepper, and melted butter. Stir.
  3. Add milk slowly and continue to stir until sauce thickens.
  4. Add shredded cheese to sauce and stir constantly until cheese has melted.
To Combine Macaroni and Sauce:
  1. Place cooked, drained macaroni in casserole dish.
  2. Pour cheese sauce over macaroni. Stir to combine.
  3. Optional: Dot with butter.
  4. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.