3.05.2009

Interview with the HR Director


I felt like writing "Interview with the Vampire," you know, similar to word association, that whole "Interview with" just made me want to add the rest. I've never seen the movie from beginning to end, but I might have to do that eventually. Okay, I'm rambling. Moving on.

The HR Director contacted me this morning around 10:30 am. She was very pleasant to talk to on the phone. Oh boy was I nervous. This is the beginning of my life after college. My first job. (Well, my first real post-college job... I've been on co-ops and had about 7 or 8 jobs so far.) We talked about the Engineering Development Program, my salary, relocating, and other random questions that happen to pop into my head. I'm a people person and I love to talk and find out about someone. That's probably why I get along with a lot of people.

My advices to people who are currently looking for a job:
  1. Go to career fairs and NETWORK!!! - That's how I got my first interview.
  2. Brush up on your interviewing techniques and phone etiquette.
  3. Research the company.
  4. Send handwritten Thank You notes - Thanks Solange for the info!
  5. Last but not least - Be open and honest. Be yourself!
I'm heading back to Boston tomorrow morning so I can write 100 invitation envelopes by hand for the Advancement Office. =)  I can't wait to relax in Boston. I'll catch up on my reading then. I've been crocheting up a storm. I'll post the pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.