3.16.2009

It's a Small World

Last Tuesday I got a friend request on Facebook by someone I thought I didn't know. His name was familiar but I couldn't put two and two together. So today I decided to add him to my friend list and view his information. OMG. What a small world! I knew that already, but this just confirmed it a bit more.

It all started July 5, 2007. Yes, 2007, almost two years ago. I went out with my roommate, Alyssa, to celebrate her 21st birthday with her and her friends. We went to the Purple Shamrock near Faneuil Hall in Boston, MA. We danced the night away and I was still in my early phase of actually liking to party and drink since I was newly 21 a couple of months prior to that night. (I don't get out to the bars much at all now.)
A picture of Alyssa and me back in July 2007 at the Purple Shamrock. 
Before leaving to go to Our House, a bar near campus, I had made eye contact with a very cute boy. I'm not the type of girl who saunters up to cute guys everyday at a bar, so this was a first for me. I gathered whatever liquid courage I had in me and walked over to him. We chatted a bit and I found out some info on who he was and what he was doing here.

His name was Matt and he's visiting Boston for the week. He's from Canada. Oh wow, he was just so cute. I couldn't believe I actually got the nerve to do this. So being me, I gave him my e-mail address and he gave me his. It's less awkward than calling someone and then they don't remember you.

Fast forward to now, March 2009. I got that friend request and it was from Matt. Wow. I didn't know that he still had my email address - that was the only way he could have found me. I went through his photo albums and sure enough, pictures from that night were there. Yes, that was him alright. I went through my photo albums, found one from that night and realized that he was in the background of one of my pictures. Crazy, huh?


Here's the picture from that night.
His group of friends are behind the wall and he's the one in the black shirt to the left of me.
I would post up his friend's pic of them from that night, but it's not mine to share.
Oh life. How mysterious it is sometimes. You lose people and you find them again when it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.