5.30.2012

Weekend Update

This past weekend, Chris and I visited Jeff and Vivian's twice in the span of 24 hours. Saturday was Craft Day - Game Night. I brought along my sewing machine, but unfortunately, I didn't get to sew. I started two crafts and I'll probably finish it up later this week.

I sent Vivian, who in turn sent Rachel, an e-mail about crafts you can do with left over fabric scraps (or fat quarters). I found it via Pinterest - Scrap Happy: More Than 50 Fabric Scrap and Remnants Ideas. I'm working on the Envelope Bag and Tissue Cozy.

The makings of an envelope bag and a tissue cozy.
On Sunday we headed down to Hyannis with our pups. We stayed at a bed & breakfast called Simmons Homestead Inn. The B&B was an interesting place. Everywhere you went there were knick knacks on the walls. We stayed in the Giraffe Room. The picture on the website doesn't do it justice. There's MORE stuff in there now. When you walked in, there were giraffes everywhere. There was a cross-stitched giraffe pillow on our bed. There were giraffe puzzles, toys, and figurines. They were even in the bathroom!

On our way to the B&B.
Phidan likes to lean his whole body out the window.

Upper right: Kujo's oblivious to the danger above him.
Above: This is the outside of one of the buildings. The inside is packed with random knick knacks.




Enjoying the beautiful day with Chris and the boys.
Later in the evening we had dinner at Brazilian Grill. The food was great and I left there stuffed. I think I was about to explode as I was walking out.

I wish the picture wasn't so blurry.
The girl taking it had no clue how to work my phone's camera.
We came back home on Monday morning and it felt good to be back. Chris and I decided to sit out front on our porch and watched the traffic go by. Actually, he was reading one of his drawing books and I was working on my cross-stitch. The boys were tethered to a column and left to their own devices. All in all, it was a great weekend spent with family and friends.

This summed up how we felt on Monday.

1 comment:

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.