10.16.2008

Rest In Peace Eric

I just found out that a classmate of mine, Eric Z, passed away last night in his sleep. He's been battling cancer and unfortunately his life was cut short. He's been in my classes for the last four year and it's just crazy to think that he's not going to be there anymore. We should all be glad to have our health and everything we have right now in our life.

I never dealt well with death. I still think about my stepdad every now and then and do that whole "what if" scenario in my head. He was 36 years old (I was 9 years old) when he had a heart attack 10 days after my 9th birthday. I always thought that if he was still alive that we would be living a better life. My mom would not have to work so hard and I would not feel so lost.

A friend from high school, James Lundin, was killed in action on May 30, 2007. He was 20 years old. I remembered when he used to have a crush on me and I wasn't exactly into him. It's weird. Sometimes you take people for granted thinking that they'll always be there. Life is uncertain. You should always live it to the fullest and never look back. If only I could do the same. Time heals all wounds, if you let it.

Rest in Peace Eric, James, and Daddy. You're all in a better place now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.