4.12.2010

There Goes My Year...

I haven't posted anything new in a very long time. Where did the months go? I have no clue. All I've been doing is work, taking care of Kujo, studying for my Fundamentals of Engineering exam, and visiting my mom or my boyfriend every other week. I have about 4 or 5 crochet/knit projects on hold. They might be there for another week. My FE exam is this Saturday. After that's over I'll have my life back.

That means I get to crochet every night if I want to. Yay! I miss checking up on my favorite crochet/knit websites and blogs (see the list on the lower right corner). I have a huge yarn stash to get rid of before I move. Maybe I'll take a picture of everything after I move so I can show you the craziness that's living under my bed and in my closet.

My friend is having a baby, but she doesn't know if it's a boy or girl. I plan on making a blanket, hat, sweater, and booties set for her. I'm thinking the color green. I love green and purple. I have some baby yarn in that color but not enough for all those items I listed. Hm. I really don't want to go yarn shopping. I've been very good for the past 3 months on not buying new yarn.

Well here's to a new start. I'll write back if I start crocheting. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am just a blogger passing by, and I just have to ask about your engineering background if that's okay... ^^;

    Does your training influence the way you crochet? I am not mechanically minded so I am not sure how it would translate exactly but I can imagine how it could jive with the structural nature of crochet...

    Good luck with the exam and getting those projects underway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being an engineer helps me deconstruct the pattern in easier to manage sections. I can visually see where the instructions are leading me and it definitely helps.

    Sometimes when I crochet, it's by trial and error, especially when I haven't practiced a specific stitch before. If it's not perfect, I usually undo it and try, try again. Now if I can only apply that to actually designing a pattern.

    Thanks for the kind words! I'll know how I did on the exam in 3 months!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.