11.16.2008

Why Can't You Bag Groceries Properly???

Do they not training people to correctly bag items at the grocery stores anymore? I go grocery shopping once a week at either Shaw's near the Pru or the Stop & Shop near Brigham Circle. Both places I hate to leave the bagging up to the bagger. They never do it correctly. Who puts the bread and other delicate items at the bottom? I normally bring a reusable bag that I bought from Shaw's with me. Since it's bigger I feel like these kids just toss my stuff into it...

Today my apples got bruised, last week my zucchinis were almost squashed. WTF?! I used to work at Costco (summer after freshman year) and we pack carts (think bagging but on a bigger scale). I did an amazing job. =) When I bag my own groceries everything makes sense. You put the frozen and refrigerated foods in one bag, cans and odd items in one bag, produce in one bag, and boxy items in another. You can combine them together by putting the heavy big objects at the bottom and work your way up to the top with the lighter, delicate items. Sometimes I just want to teach these people how to bag properly, but it's not my place... I blame it on their supervisors and trainers.

There was another pet peeve, but at this point I don't remember what it is... =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.