11.13.2008

Mini Christmas Stockings

I have until the end of this month to make as many Christmas stockings as I can so it can be shipped to Iraq. These mini stockings are going to a special Engineer Battalion, "a unit that neutralizes the IEDs; checking and clearing territories for other troops in Iraq. According to the unit’s chaplain, 1/2 of the troops do not receive anything in the mail from home." (Ravelry Boston Yarn Party group posting)

I just want to do something special and use my yarn for something good. I'll even include a special note in the stockings. =) For more information: A Call for Help Service Project.

Oh, by the way, I'm addicted to www.ravelry.com. I finally got my invite two days ago and now I'm an addict! It's a website devoted to the knitting and crocheting community. SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.