8.12.2008

Co-op...

So a little about me. I'm currently attending Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. If you don't know about NU's co-op program, then I'll give you a run down about how it is in the Engineering Program. The engineering class is divided into two divisions, A or B (currently using A and N for the class of 2010 and younger). I'm in division A and this is our co-op pattern:

Freshman Year: In class Sept - April
Sophomore Year: In class Sept - April
Middler Year: On co-op July - Dec, In class Jan - June
Junior Year: On co-op July - Dec, In class Jan - June
Senior Year: On co-op July - Dec, In class Jan - April

What is co-op? Co-op is similar to an internship. The typical co-op lasts for 6 months and you're paid for your work. NU is known for their co-op program and the College of Engineering has a 100% placement rate. Since I decided not to do the 5-year BS/MS Mechanical Engineering Program during the summer of my junior year, it was too late for me to change plans. I had decided to come out to California with my boyfriend for two month. He has a co-op in San Francisco doing industrial design.

I'm looking for a co-op during the fall semester now. Good thing I have the support of the amazing Co-op Coordinators back at NU. Thank you Clint, Karen, and Lorraine. They're amazing. I currently have two job offers. I'm considering both and it's a very hard decision. Yes, it's only for 4 months, but it makes a difference. Hopefully I can get back to them by Thursday. Then I can breathe easy.

Okay, I'm going to start dinner and then watch the Olympics. We're heading out tonight to one of my boyfriend's co-worker's new apartment. She's having an apartment warming party. She also has HD cable, so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.