6.01.2012

Fabrics from Walmart

I was in the Walpole Walmart on Tuesday to pick up a window fan for our bedroom. If you ever venture into this one you'll know that they're in the middle of a remodeling to make it a Super Walmart - complete with a grocery section and garden center. This Walmart was big, but now they're making it bigger. I got a bit confused about where everything was located so I started wandering around. During my wanderings I came across their arts & crafts area, complete with a surprising selection of fabrics.

After I picked up some new sewing notions I ended up selecting a few cute printed fabrics. I took my goodies up to the fabric table but no one was there. After asking a few associates to page someone, I finally got hold of the store's assistant manager. He brought along two older gentlemen with him to train. I actually had to teach them how to line up the fabric on the ruler and cut in the metal ditch. One of them jokingly said "You want a job running the fabric counter?" I thought he was joking, but maybe not. All in all, it wasn't a bad experience and the prices were decent.

Birdies and Hello Kitty prints. Pink lining.
Purple and blue paisley print. Periwinkle lining.
Tri-color leafy print. Love.
What do you think? I think I'll go back and pick out some more cute prints in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts or suggestions? Please leave a comment.